Monday, October 10, 2022

So we go from no posts in two years to two posts in 12 hours.

 Inconsistency, thy name is Kris.

I thought I should at least update the four of you that read this on what's been happening.

- As mentioned yesterday, we lost Ben's dad in March of 2020. After that, Ben's mom sold her house and moved into a tinier one closer to us. She's doing well, I suppose. Throwing herself into volunteering and such. She still absolutely misses Jim but she's doing as well as she can.

That's the thing with grief, you guys. It doesn't have a timetable, doesn't keep a schedule. And since it doesn't keep a schedule it certainly doesn't care about yours. It just kind of shows up whenever it darn well pleases.  So you acknowledge it, you feel it, you go about your day. You don't ignore it, that's for sure. You just deal with it in the moment.

- Allyson started high school. With the exception of English class ("I don't turn everything in, is that a problem?" WHY YES, YES IT IS) she's doing great! Found a couple of clubs to join - Leo Club (which is a volunteer organization affiliated with the Lions Club) and FACS Club (Family and Consumer Sciences; she's taking Foods this year). There was also talk of Latin Club, but they haven't had a meeting yet.

- I was diagnosed with mild obstructive sleep apnea and now require a CPAP when I go to sleep. Ben says I look like an aardvark when I wear it. Plus side is it blocks off enough of my nose so I don't have to smell night farts anymore.

- I'm into K-Pop now! Just one band, Stray Kids. Not that you asked but Changbin is my bias. Go stream the new album, Maxident.

- Um... was that it?

- Wait, no, I'm the Director of Early Childhood at church now. This pretty much means I'm in charge of programming, curriculum, and scheduling teachers for kids ages nursery through kindergarten. I also launched a preschool worship service a year ago in June. It's strictly volunteer but I am loving it.

- That was it, I think.

- Nope, I lied, we added to our collection of pets. After Franklin died in July 2020, we'd been talking about another dog. In May of this year, Ben's cousin was trying to find a home for this six-year-old chihuahua mix she couldn't take care of anymore. Long story short, that's how we ended up with Rosie. She and Barb have finally figured out how to get along. 

- NOW that's it.

- No it isn't. I told you, inconsistent. Anyway in April Ben and I celebrated our 20th (not a typo) wedding anniversary. I don't know how we've been married for 20 years considering I'm only 29. But anyway, Ally stayed with my mother-in-law and Ben and I spent five days/four nights in Nashville. We've always wanted go and we LOVED it. So much live music and stuff to do! We will definitely go back, and since we want to bring Ally we will go when she's older. We also went to a hockey game and saw Journey and Toto in concert. So much fun.

- Okay, NOW THAT'S IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment