Saturday, November 4, 2017

I am UNWELL

And it's all Ben's fault, too. And/or my boss Amanda's fault. They've both been sick.

Work haps: Uh, they finally offered me full-time and I accepted it. It's been great for our bank account, but... I am having a tough time balancing work stuff with home stuff. Especially since during my time off all I feel like doing is catching up on my lying-around time. I just need to make some sort of schedule and stick to it. Meal prep I feel like is a big thing too. I don't know. I'm struggling, is what I know.

I also get benefits (that I'm not signing up for; I have insurance through Ben's work and it's honestly better). And paid vacation! AND! Holiday pay!

Allyson is in Iowa City with my mother-in-law this weekend. So far, it's been (in her eyes) a little disappointing. They booked a hotel with a pool but the pool was closed for maintenance. Today they went to a mall with a skating rink in it, but it was booked for a birthday party. Poor kiddo! But she says she's having fun anyhow.

This morning she Facetimed me with Deb's phone, said hi to me, and then immediately requested to speak to Barbara, the dog. Ha.

I got to chaperone her field trip to New Salem a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty fun. Except I was on day 2 of the Two-Day Sinus Headache From Not Heaven and they stuck me with a wanderer. I asked Allyson about this kid later and she just said: "Oh, yeah, she does that all the time. It's a real problem." THANKS FOR THE WARNING, JEEZ.

Halloween was fun too. Cold, but fun.

That's all I got. I'm going to go take advantage of this extra hour of sleep thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment