Saturday, March 3, 2018

Things that have happened since I last updated this thing four? Yes. Four. Four months ago.

That cough I had? Lasted two months. It was some sort of lung inflammation that I think was actually caused by acid reflux.

Oh yeah. The saga of the Acid Reflux. Early January, I was eating dinner and it got stuck. Just stuck, right there in my esophagus. So I went to the ER. They couldn't do much since they didn't have a GI doctor on staff. So they transferred me (by ambulance, ugh) to a different hospital, where I had to have an emergency endoscopy to get the food un-stuck. Then three weeks later I had to have another endoscopy to figure out what's going on. Long story short, I have a combo of acid reflux (which I am on meds for; hasn't bothered me since) and something called a Schatzki ring. That's where your esophagus inexplicably narrows near the bottom. So I get to go to the GI doctor in a few weeks to discuss our findings. Oh goody.

The good news is: We have insurance, and they paid the bulk of the bill from the ER visit and the two endoscopies. The bad news is: I still owe almost a grand for a 20-minute ambulance ride I didn't even want to take. Ugh.

What else, what else... Allyson needs braces. We go for a consultation with the ortho on Monday. So that's more money I won't have haha.

Ben and I saw Black Panther. It's awesome. They moved the release date for Avengers: Infinity War up to April 27. Our wedding anniversary is April 27. Coincidence? Probably. But I'm excited anyway.

Um... I get a vacation in April. I had a week of vacation time I was told I had to use before May 10. So...that'll be nice.

OH And Ben and I are on a diet because he found out he's pretty much type 2 diabetic (like his dad and grandpa). He wants to try controlling it with diet before he goes on meds. So far he's lost like 15 pounds and I've lost 13.

That's it. I'm so boring. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment