Friday, May 19, 2017

So:

1. We had middle school orientation for Allyson last night. First of all, WHAT. How is my baby old enough for middle school?!

I was pretty darn nervous - the school she's going to is kinda big, and she's kinda small. I felt better as soon as I got there, because we happened to walk in with two families from our church. "MOM! Ethan is going here! And Griffin! Maybe one of them will be in my class!"

But I had very little to fear. They split up into four teams, and each team has two classes in each grade level (4-6). And it seems like all the classrooms are pretty close to everything - gym, music room, cafeteria, art room.

OH YEAH. They get to check out TWO books at the library and keep them for two weeks! And they go to art class once a week, which Allyson is super-duper excited about. As we were leaving Ben remarked that the art classroom was kind of dark and it was hard to see the teacher's face.

Allyson gasped. "Maybe he's Batman."
"Al, I don't think he's Batman."
"He didn't say he wasn't."
"I am pretty sure he's not Batman."

Then Ben: "I was thinking Phantom of the Opera, actually."
"Nah, he's Batman."
"You guys! Mr. Laux is not Batman. And he's not the Phantom either."

BOTH OF THEM said I was no fun. I can't believe they'd gang up on me like this.

2. I'd been having low tire sign in my van for a bit. Ben would go and air up the tires occasionally. Sunday, he found a screw in my tire. Oh goody. So today I took it to Walmart, hoping for the $10 repair job.

NOPE.

I not only had the screw, I had a nail in it. A screw and a nail. In the same tire.

Because God knew that, deep down, I really wanted to buy a new tire today. I guess.

Good news is, I don't have low tire sign anymore.

3. It was windy the other day, and now my seedlings have disappeared. I repotted the peas already, but all my other plants? Like Scarlet O'Hara, they are gone with the wind. Meh. I can buy new plants. I just thought it'd be fun to start them from seeds.

4. Franklin is hiding under my desk and I can't stretch my feet out because when I do, I kick him. Little brat.

I think that was everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment