Friday, June 30, 2017

Crazy Month Begins

I always refer to July as Crazy Month. Or The Land of a Thousand Birthdays.

Just in July alone we have:


  • Ben on the 4th. Up until a few years ago, we also had his grandma Koeppel. (Yep, he was born on a holiday; and YEP, he was born on his grandma's birthday).
  • Ben's mom on the 6th. Probably would have been cool if he were born on HER birthday, but he was already two weeks late as it was.
  • Me on the 14th
  • Allyson on the 28th (she was due in August, but I had preeclampsia so she joined the parade of July birthdays).
As far as non-immediate family I have two cousins and two aunts (my aunts were actually born a year and a day apart); Ben has a cousin, his best friend, and his best friend's son. 

Sheesh.

I'm just glad all these birthdays are far enough away from Christmas that my bank account isn't actively trying to have me killed.

Ben's folks live on a half-acre so they do a big party every year around the 4th, to celebrate the holiday and all the birthdays. Usually his mom's brother and wife (Uncle Rol and Aunt Sue), and their kids and grandkids. My mom and two of Deb's friends are always invited too. (My dad was, until my parents got divorced; matter of fact they were late one year because - to quote my brother - "Dad was watching a Japanese man eat hot dogs on the TV"). 

But because we just had to add something to the craziness: Allyson is going to church camp next week. She leaves on Wednesday and gets back Saturday, just in time for the big to-do at my in-laws' place. This is her first extended trip away from home without family. She's nervous but really, really excited.

Then after she gets back we have her birthday party at the bowling alley to plan.

I think I may need a vacation in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment