Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Illinois: If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

So it's been hot lately. And the last couple of days, intermittent but kinda severe thunderstorms. Allyson's swim class got cancelled five minutes in because there was lightning. She was upset (and one of her instructors, this college kid named Ron, did not help when he said: "Oh, sure, Allyson. It might be a tornado").

Today it was hot. And it rained. But during part of that rainstorm, the sun was shining.

Me: What is going on with this weather?!
Allyson: This is just the weather that God wanted for today.
Me: Okay. But what do you think he's thinking, with all this?
Allyson: He wants it to be cray-cray.

Nailed it.

I did get my little flower garden weeded and my rosebushes trimmed. I know not a whole lot about rosebush pruning, so I just trim them until they stop looking crazy.  I did not get my iris bulbs planted yet. Maybe tomorrow. If God decides He doesn't want the weather to be cray-cray.

Did more planagrams at work today (reset medicine, mops & brooms, and sponges). My manager Amanda did not lie when she said that mops & brooms was not going to be fun. Ben: "You look like you got into it with a cat and the cat won."

Nice to see he still finds me attractive.

Oh, and Allyson and I are having a sleepover in the living room tonight. We are going to get ice cream in a bit, because what's a sleepover without ice cream? (Ben also does not mind this because he gets to hog the bed.) But it's raining and I want the ice cream to come to me. Which it won't. Echh.

No comments:

Post a Comment